REPIC operates an Environment Agency approved portable battery producer compliance scheme.
REPIC members finance the costs of collection, transport, treatment and environmentally sound recycling or disposal of their share of end of life batteries disposed of each year in the UK. REPIC’s scale of operation and unique funding method allows us to offer major benefits to our partners.
Local Authorities / Local Authority Site Operators
Other battery collectors
REPIC compliance services include:
- member workshops, seminars, focus groups and meetings including guidance on preparation of battery sales data and product scope.
- access to REPIC’s unique registration system.
- a members’ pack giving step by step instructions on ongoing compliance.
- access to a dedicated members’ only website area, providing regular updates and guidance notes and essential compliance information.
- ongoing access to a simple user-friendly system to provide ongoing battery data and other information updates.
- member registration with the Environment Agency and notification of your battery producer registration number and obligation.
- tracking and reporting of batteries collected and treated to provide auditable compliance.
- the provision of regular information on the amount of batteries collected, cost updates and forecasts.
- independent audit and verification of cost allocation mechanism and member obligation.
- standard and bespoke solutions.
- annual confirmation of compliance with your producer battery obligations
REPIC offers a one-stop compliance solution for WEEE, batteries and packaging.
Local Authorities/ Local Authority Site Operators
Many Household Waste Recycling Centre sites (HWRCs) have opted to collecting waste batteries. Some are operated by local authorities, others by waste companies under contract to local authorities. eBatt currently partners with several hundred collection sites operated directly by councils or their chosen waste management partners for WEEE collections and has extended its services to include batteries.
To ensure seamless uninterrupted operation and service levels Repic offers:
- access to a tailored PR fund for its partner sites for local promotional activity to stimulate take-back of WEEE and batteries and maximise separate collection
- to use the current site contractor(s) managing your WEEE and batteries solution unless you wish to change
- to pay all transport and treatment partners on time and in full
- to provide an individual collection plan for each site to mutually agreed service levels
- to guarantee to clear all WEEE and batteries
- to contract for a mutually acceptable time period
REPIC offers battery collection and treatment solutions for retailers of portable batteries and our services include:
- arranging for the collection of any separately collected portable batteries collected in store by distributors
- Partnering with retailers to provide bespoke solutions for their battery collection needs
- Providing containers, collection and transport for batteries collected at retailer premises
- Providing guidance on retailers responsibilities and rights under the battery regulations
REPIC battery compliance scheme members, many of whom own are major brand name owners, take their environmental responsibilities seriously and REPIC expects its transport and treatment partners to operate to the highest environmental and ethical standards.
In return REPIC offers the following to its transport and treatment partners:
- agreed rates and forecast tonnages in advance
- payment on time and in full to mutually agreed terms
- site audits providing valuable feedback
- providing reports on collections by collection location to enable evidence and environment agency reporting to be agreed.
- increasing volumes as access to batteries grows
Other battery collectors
In addition to local authority, waste company, retailer and producer take-back there are other organisations, such as charities or commercial enterprises who also legitimately collect batteries.
REPIC continually seeks new battery collection opportunities and can offer the following to our other battery collection partners:
• an opportunity to become part of the growing Repic collection partner network
• a mutually agreed collection plan for each collection facility in the network
• acceptance of all legitimate separately collected portable batteries
• reporting of your battery collections to the environment agency.